Showing posts with label Meeting with surgeon. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Meeting with surgeon. Show all posts

Sunday, 26 September 2010

23rd November 2007

Had an ultrasound scan 2 days ago to check size of tumour.  The little bugger has not shrunk at all.  Had appointment with surgeon to discuss my options.  He said I could try a quadranectomy, where he would remove the upper outer quadrant of the breast and he could remodel at a later date.  If they didnt get clear margins, I would have to go back to theatre for further surgery.  Or I could have a mastectomy.
I have spoken in lenght with V about this.  I couldnt decide, I dont want to lose my breast, I really dont, BUT I just kept saying to V, that if the cancer came back in the future, and I had chosen to have the quadranectomy, I would never forgive myself.  Surgeon kept saying it was my decision, which I know it is, but I asked him what he would advise his wife to do - he said a mastectomy.  I knew deep down I would have to take that option, as I cant risk it coming back.
Date for surgery set - 10th December - not long away - am very scared.